What are the benefits of using Amazon Brand Registry?
A+ content allows changing from plain text product descriptions to enhanced product descriptions and brand content. It includes but is not limited to videos and high-resolution photos, detailed product descriptions and charts, brand information.
A+ content is an effective way to:
- Increase customer engagement and trust.
- Improve Amazon listing conversion rate due to better product details.
- Reduce return rate due to customers' better understanding of your products.
- Better reviews. Better purchase decisions lead to happier customers leaving better reviews.
- Improve PPC performance and reduce ACoS. Better product information helps to convert users who click on your ad to buyers.
To sum up, A+ content has a positive impact on the customer experience, BSR, and overall ROI.
Brand-registered Amazon sellers get access to advanced advertising tools. Sponsored Brands Ad is a great tool to drive brand awareness. You can direct Amazon PPC traffic delivered by Sponsored Brand ads directly to your Amazon Storefront or to the particular ASIN.
Amazon Sponsored Brands banners are shown at the top of the search results page - the best-converting part of the page. The banner ads display your brand logo, slogan, and multiple products.
Video ads are usually placed halfway down the Amazon search result page. Sponsored Brand Video ad takes a large part of the page — thus customers cannot miss it. Each video ad block consists of two parts. The left part is the video and the right part is the product photo, title, price, shipping, and review details.
To sum up, sellers enrolled in the Brand Registry program can make their products stand out in the search results. Therefore to have a huge advantage over the competitors.
Another Amazon Brand Registry benefit is Amazon Stores. It's a great way to showcase your products, keep a strong brand presence on the Amazon marketplace, build brand loyalty and reputation.
Amazon Store will add a lot of value to your Amazon business. Here are the advantages to have Amazon Brand Store:
- Amazon store allows brands to show off all inventory in a single location. Thus, providing a great shopping experience to your customers.
- You can point PPC or external traffic to the Amazon Store landing page instead of a particular ASIN listing. As a result, the customer will see the full range of your brand products instead of one.
- Amazon Store is the only place where buyers do not see competitor's advertisements. So, your shoppers can browse through all your products without competitors' ad interruption.
- Amazon Store makes new products Amazon launch easier. The store is a great platform to advertise a new product range at a low or no extra cost.
- Amazon Store provides a unique static URL. You can use it as a landing page for advertisements. It is the perfect solution for external traffic such as social media ads, influencer marketing, Google AdWords.
In conclusion, Amazon Store serves as a mini e-commerce website for your brand to provide a brand-specific shopping experience to the customers while still selling products through Amazon to Amazon customers.
Amazon Brand Analytics is another benefit of Brand Registry. Brand Analytics is free to use for brands registered through Brand Registry.
Amazon Brand Analytics is a powerful tool providing a wide variety of valuable reports and insights. Using Amazon Brand Analytics, you can watch your business performance, sales trends, product performance, as well as traffic and conversion rates. So, to make informed decisions on inventory portfolio, pricing, marketing, and advertisement strategy.
One of the most valuable tools provided by Brand Analytics is the Amazon Serch Terms report. This report shows search terms statistics globally or at the category level. Search Terms report is a great tool to improve PPC performance or fine-tune the listing title, bullets, and description for better SEO performance.
Amazon Search Terms report includes the following information:
- List of the top searched keywords for a given timeframe.
- Search term frequency.
- Top 3 top products for each search term. Conversion and click share for these products.
Other reports available through Amazon Brand Analytics:
- Item Comparison and Alternate Purchase Behavior. The report shows what else your customers looking at or purchasing when viewing your product. Thus you can see your competitors taking market share. Knowing it, you can target the Amazon PPC campaign to competitor's ASINs.
- Market Basket Analysis. This report shows the products brought by customers along with your product. You can use this information to create a bundle or upsell products.
- Demographics report. It gives an overview of your audience.
- Repeat Purchase Behavior Report. This report shows the percentage of the customers who had repeat purchases during a specified timeframe.
Amazon Brand Registry gives you, the brand owner, greater control over your listing content. Amazon offers higher priority to the listing edits done by you, as the brand owner. As a result, the likelihood of changes to the title, bullet points, description, and images done by other Amazon sellers is reduced.
Brand Registry enrolled sellers have access to Amazon's internal team that is more efficient than regular Amazon support regarding escalating wrong listing contributions and variations.
Amazon's automated brand protection algorithm uses information about your brand to proactively stop other Amazon sellers from infringing your intellectual property rights, listing counterfeit products, misusing your brand, etc.
Here are examples of the infringements that can be prevented by Amazon's proactive brand protection:
- Amazon listings for products that are not for your brand but using your brand name in their title, bullets, or description.
- Product listings are created with your brand name when you have already listed your full product catalog on Amazon.
- Products shipped from the countries you do not manufacture or distribute products in.
- Your brand logo or name is used in images of products not associated with your brand.
Amazon provides a sophisticated tool to monitor your brand on Amazon. You can search for misuse of your trademarks, copyright, or patent violation inside your Brand Registry account. The search can be performed by brand | trademark name, product name, or image.
If the violation is found you can quickly report it to the Amazon internal Brand Registry team through the form here - https://www.amazon.com/report/infringement
Please note you should have a Brand Registry account active and be logged in to use the form.
The violations and reports you can submit:
- Trademark concerns
- Copyright concerns
- Report "Not as described" products
- Product review manipulation
- Incorrect information on the product detail page or incorrect variations
Also, you can work with the Brand Registry team on technical issues, escalate previously submitted cases or retract IP infringement claims.
Please note Amazon Brand Registry does not prevent other sellers to offer products for sale on the listing created by you as the brand owner.
Amazon does not enforce exclusive distributor agreements. Here is what Amazon says on Exclusive or Selective Distribution:
Amazon respects a manufacturer's right to enter into exclusive distribution agreements for its products. However, violations of such agreements do not constitute intellectual property rights infringement. As the enforcement of these agreements is a matter between the manufacturer and the retailers, it would not be appropriate for Amazon to assist in enforcement activities.
Amazon Attribution program allows you to measure the impact none-Amazon marketing campaigns across search engines, social media, video, influencers, and email do on your business.
Amazon Attribution is available to Brand Registry users in the following countries:
- United Kingdom
- United States
Amazon Attribution provides full-scale metrics on your none-Amazon ads, including clicks, Amazon listing page views, Add to Cart actions, and sales. As a result, sellers get an opportunity to ensure external traffic pointing to your Amazon listings is generating a profit and grow the overall business ROI.
Amazon Attribution platform allows users to create unique tags. These tags incorporate into ASIN listing or brand store URLs. These URLs are used to dive off Amazon traffic to your Amazon listings.
Unique tags can be created for campaigns, ad channels, or even for each keyword. So you can measure marketing performance at any level.
Amazon Attribution uses a 14-days conversion window. That is to say, any purchase done by the customer within 14 days after attributed ad click will count to this ad performance. Finally, the Attribution program can track the same user across different devices.
Amazon Vine is a great program to launch your new products on the Amazon marketplace. After Amazon discontinued the Early Reviewer Program in April 2021, the Vine program is the only option left to receive initial product reviews in line with Amazon Terms of Service (TOS).
Amazon Vine allows you to give products to Amazon-approved buyers in exchange for an honest review.
Amazon Vine benefits:
- Ability to receive up to 30 reviews per ASIN rather quickly.
- Vine reviews are honest and unmanipulated. So it's little probability Amazon to remove such reviews.
- Vine reviews are usually of high quality to be trusted by buyers.
- Increased awareness of your new products
Amazon Vine program products and seller requirements:
- The seller Brand Registry enrolled.
- The number of reviews of the ASIN is under 30.
- The products are available in stock through FBA.
- Products in "New" condition.
- Products in the adult category do not qualify for the Vine program.
- The product is launched at enrollment time.
Amazon does not guarantee positive reviews. Negative reviews cannot be removed unless they are against Amazon Terms and Conditions.
Amazon Vine program is not available to all buyers. This is an invite-only program for selected Amazon buyers. "Vine Voices" are restricted only to Amazon's most trusted reviewers. Therefore, Vine reviews are unbiased and honest.
You give away products for the Vine program. You are not getting paid for the products shipped to Vine program buyers and pay FBA fees for these orders.
The maximum number of reviews the product can receive in the Vine program is 30. The program stops as soon as the count of reviews on your ASIN reaches 30.
For example, you enrolled in the Vine program when it was 5 reviews, you get 10 more not connected to Vine reviews during the Vine program running, then the maximum of reviews through Vine would be 15.
30 review count at which the Vine program stops
5 original reviews count
10 organic, not Vine reviews received during Vine program running
It's a limit of five ASINs that can be active in the Vine program at the same time. You can cancel ASIN enrollment in the Vine program at any time.
Vine program reviews are marked with the green stripe Customer review from the Amazon Vine Program.
Amazon Live allows brands to create live or like-live videos and stream them to Amazon buyers. It's a great way to show product features, benefits, use cases as well as to interact with the consumers.
Amazon Live is free to use and is available now only in the USA to brand-registered sellers.
Usually, the videos and live streams are shown on the Amazon Live page and on your brand's products detail pages.
However, Amazon Live videos can even display on competitor's listings or in other places like the Amazon home page.
It's three Amazon Live levels:
- Rising Star
A-List level sellers' ads can be featured on the amazon.com home page. Here you can find the Amazon Live levels overview.
Your products are shown right next to the video player. Discounts and deals are shown in the products carousel as well.
It's a "Follow" button available in your videos. Amazon consumers can use it to follow your brand. The followers will be notified in the Amazon mobile shopping app whenever you go live.
You can use an app by Amazon - Amazon Live Creator. The app can be used by brands and influencers to showcase products and interact with shoppers in real-time.
You can download Amazon Live Creator for iOS here.
The app is currently not available for Android devices.
Manage Your Customer Engagement (MYCE) is a new program launched by Amazon in April 2021. The program is available to brand-registered sellers with an active Amazon Store that has followers. MYCE allows you to send marketing emails directly to the customers, who follow your brand. As a result, your brand will build loyal relationships with the customers and efficiently launch new products.
The Manage Your Customer Engagement program currently supports only new product announcements. Accordingly to Amazon, additional templates will be added in the future.
You, as a seller, do not have an access to customers' emails or other identifying data. You will see only the number of customers that will be emailed.
To create an email campaign you have to provide the following information to Amazon:
- Your brand logo.
- Information on the new product you want to promote.
- Desired email campaign delivery time window.
When the email campaign is set up you submit it to Amazon for approval. Accordingly to Amazon, it takes a minimum of 72 hours to approve your email campaign. So, please plan the campaign in advance.
Requirements to use the Manage Your Customer Engagement tool:
- To be enrolled in Amazon Brand Registry.
- The product you want to promote should be selling on Amazon for less than 6 months.
- To have Amazon Brand Store with active followers.
- To sell on Amazon USA marketplace (currently MYCE program available only in the USA).
For more information please visit Amazon Manage your Customer Engagement program help page.
In July 2021, Amazon launched the Brand Referral Bonus program. The program offers brands a bonus averaging 10% of product sales for driving traffic to their Amazon listings from none-Amazon marketing campaigns.
Brand Referral Bonus program is available to the brand owners enrolled in Amazon Brand Registry. Currently, the program is available only for the Amazon US marketplace.
To use the Brand Referral Bonus program the seller has to:
- Register for the Brand Referral Bonus program.
- Enroll in Amazon Attribution.
- Create Amazon Attribution tags for products you drive off-Amazon traffic to. All external traffic must have an Amazon Attribution Tag to qualify for the bonus.
- Launch your off-Amazon marketing campaigns.
The attribution period to qualify for the bonus is 14 days. That is to say, promoted products and additional products purchased from the same brand up to 14 days after clicking on the ad will qualify for the bonus.
The bonus will be on hold for 2 months before it is credited to the seller account. This hold time is to accommodate order cancellation and return.
The bonus is provided as a credit on the referral fee.
Please use the table here to check the exact credit percentage bases on the product category.
Amazon Brand Dashboard is a well-organized, easy-to-use tool available to Amazon sellers enrolled in the Brand Registry program. This tool allows sellers to monitor brand health and receive Amazon feedback on potential improvements to the listings. Consequently, increase traffic and conversion.
Currently, Amazon Brand Dashboard is available only in the USA.
Here are the reports and tools provided by Amazon Brand Dashboard.
1. Brand Health
- - Amazon scans the catalog and checks if other retailers list your products at a lower price. You can see information on your competitors and their pricing here. If Amazon does not found your branded products sold by other retailers no information will be available in this report.
- - this report shows what percentage of page views over the last 30 days was for prime-eligible products. You can see details on none prime-eligible views in this report as well. Consequently, you can see how often sales go to none Prime products and make an educated decision on moving Merchant Fulfilled Products to FBA.
- report gives you insight on products out of stock and the number of page views such products receive. This report helps you with inventory planning and the Inventory Performance Index (IPI) improvement.
- (currently an invite-only program that is available for select sellers). You can choose what products to enroll in Sold by Amazon (SBA) program. Enrolled products are priced by Amazon's pricing engine, so the buyers receive the most competitive prices. To protect your margins Amazon allows you to set up a Minimum Gross Proceeds amount for each SBA product - you will never receive less than this price. SBA listings will appear to customers as "Ships from and sold by Amazon" just like products sold by Amazon retail.
- (is not yet available for all brands). Amazon evaluates Selection Completeness of the products you offer in the Amazon catalog. You can use the Brand Catalog Manager to identify selection without a brand-direct offer.
2. Conversion Recommendations
- report shows your product detail pages missing bullet points, images, and descriptions.
- report shows your products that have five or fewer reviews.
- report shows your products that have received three-star or lower reviews.
- report shows your products not taking advantage of the A+ content program.
3. Traffic Recommendations
- - this tool checks your product detail page title for duplicates, redundant, and overly-long search terms.
- - this report shows products that do not currently run any sponsored product ads and products that have not received any page views from running PPC ad campaigns in the last 30 days.
4. New Product Optimizer
New Product Optimizer helps you optimize newly listed products by guiding you through the completion of recommended best practices.
This tool will show information on your products created within the past 60 days.
5. ASIN Search Terms Field Optimizer
Amazon allows you to enter Search Terms in the backend. They are the terms customers are likely to use in their searches and which are not already used in the listing title, bullet points, description. Search Terms are not seen by customers on the product detail page but used by Amazon's search algorithm.
The ASIN Search Terms Field Optimizer informs you of ASINs that do not meet Amazon's best practices recommendations:
- Do not utilize all 250 bytes available for Search Terms.
- Include Search Terms that are already used in ASIN title, bullet points, or description.
- Include Search Terms that Amazon does not index - for example "and", "for", "free".
6. Customer Reviews
The customer Reviews tab of the Amazon Brand Dashboard allows you to see and work with all of the product reviews left by the customers over the last 30 days.
You can filter reviews by rating (star rating) and by time period.
This Brand Dashboard tool allows to perform the following on each review:
- Add a comment - use it for quick replies to customer's reviews.
- Mark as done - use it if no action is needed on the review.
- Report abuse - if the customer's review is not in line with Amazon's guidelines report it to Amazon, and if the claim is correct, Amazon will remove the review.
In November 2019, Amazon introduced social media style posting - Amazon Posts. It allows sellers to create Instagram-style posts directly on the Amazon platform.
When you create Amazon Post it is placed in your brand store menu under the "Posts" link. Customers can choose the "follow" option to get notifications every time you create and share a new post. The brand can use Amazon's "Manage Your Customer Engagement" tool to send direct messages to your followers.
Other places where Amazon Posts appear:
- - between “Customers who bought this item also bought” and “Customer Questions" sections of your listings.
- - on competitor's listings between “Customers who bought this item also bought” and “Customer Questions".
- - products in this feed get placed on a specific page by the Amazon algorithm that links similar products to each other. The related post feed can be found by clicking on the three dots in the upper right corner of the post then clicking on “See more like this”.
- - Amazon adds category tags at the bottom of your post. Category tags are similar to related posts described above, but they include a wider assortment of products. You can think about this as the top or root category.
Currently, Amazon Posts are available only on the Amazon USA marketplace to the sellers enrolled in the Amazon Brand Registry program.
Amazon's Virtual Bundles program allows you to offer product bundles without actually packing products together. With Virtual Bundles, you can combine up to five separate ASINs into a single listing.
The Virtual Bundles program benefits:
- You can sell single units and bundles at the same time. Single units are not hardbound in bundles. Therefore, you avoid the situation when you have in stock some bundles but single units, forming the bundle, are out of stock.
- Amazon will automatically update the quantity available for the bundle based on the availability of the lowest stock ASIN.
- Product details page created for each Virtual Bundle. Unique SKU assigned to the Virtual Bundle. You can create and edit the title, bullet points, description, price, images for Virtual Bundle listings.
- You do not have to create UPC / EAN for Virtual bundles.
- Product Virtual Bundles can be prices equal to or lower than the sum of prices of the products in the bundle.
- You choose main component in a bundle. It can be any ASIN in your bundle. A bundle ASIN inherits search keywords from its main component ASIN. Therefore, the main component ASIN will determine the search and categorization of the bundle. It will be wise to choose the best-selling ASIN as the main component. On the main component product detail page customers will see a “Make it a bundle” button to let them know they can purchase this product with additional products.
- You can use coupons and A+ content for the Virtual Bundles.
- You can run Sponsored Brands ads for Virtual Bundles. Currently, Sponsored Products ads are not available for Virtual Bundles.
- Virtual Bundle ASIN will have its own reviews and review rating.
- You can include multiple units for each ASIN in the bundle. For example, you bundle two ASINs. One ASIN is for red shopping bags, and the other is for blue ones. You can create a bundle for three red bags and one blue. Or two red bags and two blue shopping bags. You can set any units quantity for each component in the bundle.
The Virtual Bundle program requirements and limitations:
- Your brand should participate in Amazon Brand Registry.
- You can create Virtual Bundles only in the Amazon US store.
- Only FBA products are eligible for Virtual Bundles.
- Virtual Bundles should contain two to five ASINs. Each component ASIN must be buyable on its own.
- ASINs that are part of the Virtual Bundle should have active FBA inventory and be in "New" condition.
- ASINs should belong to your brand.
- You cannot add gift cards, electronically delivered products (like digital music, video, and books), and renewed/used ASINs to Virtual Bundle.
- The bundle price should be lower than the total price of products in the bundle. Virtual Bundle will lose buy box if the bundle price becomes higher than the total price for all products.
- Bundles may not be part of variation families.
Orders for Virtual Bundles are shown in the Seller Central as if each component of the bundle was purchased as part of the same order.
Customers can return some components of the Virtual Bundle and keep the rest.
All components of the Virtual Bundle are fulfilled separately. Therefore, all standard selling and fulfillment fees apply to each bundle component.
To create a Virtual Bundle, please log in to Amazon Seller Central and go to the Virtual Bundles page.
Amazon provides bundle sales reports for the last 90 days. You can see the following information in these reports:
- Date (no date shown for the days when it was no Virtual Bundle sales)
- Bundle ASIN
- Bundle title
- Total sales (bundle price * quantity of bundle sold)
Manage Your Experiments is the Amazon tool that allows you to run A/B tests (split tests) on your listing A+ content, title, and images.
You can set up two versions of the content with Manage Your Experiments. During the experiment, your product details page visitors are randomly split into two groups. One group will see version A and the other will see version B, for the entire experiment. If the same customer visits your listing later on, during the experiment still running, the same content version will be shown as on the first visit.
Therefore, experiments are not rotating content over time. Instead, both versions of content are always showing during the experiment, but to different groups of customers.
Experiments DO NOT impact your listing search ranking.
Content submitted for the A/B experiment should meet the same guidelines as any regular content.
The duration of the experiment can be set for 4, 6, 8, or 10 weeks. Experiment duration can be changed or the experiment can be ended early. The longer you run the experiment, the more accurate results are.
Amazon calculates experiment results every week.
At the end of the experiment, you will see which version performed better. The winning version can be published then. Experiments provide valuable information on your customers' preferences, allow you to build better content, and drive more sales.
Experiment results include:
- The probability that one version is better than the other.
- Units, sales, conversion rate, units sold per unique visitor for each version. Sample size (number of customers) assigned to each version.
- Projected one-year impact.
Manage Your Experiments is currently available only in the USA to brand-registered sellers.
Only ASINs that have received enough traffic in recent weeks are eligible for experiments.
In June 2021, Amazon revealed a new feature that allows brand registered sellers to contact buyers who left critical (1 - 3 star) reviews.
Amazon provides message templates to offer the buyer replacement or refund. There is also an option to contact the customer to clarify any product issues.
At this time, you cannot edit templated messages generated by Amazon.
How to use the Contact Buyer option:
- Go to Brand Dashboard --> Customer Reviews
- You can filter reviews to show only critical ones
- If your product has a review with three or fewer stars, you should see a button to the right top that says “Contact Buyer.”
- When you click the "Contact Buyer" button, Amazon will provide two options: Courtesy refund (offer your customer a full refund or replacement item option) and Customer review (this option allows you to contact the customer directly and clarify any product issues)
When sending ether refund/replacement or "Customer review" message you will see the ID number of the order that resulted in your bad review. Order ID will be a part of the message subject.
Amazon's Contact Buyer About Negative Reviews feature is available only for reviews left for ASINs enrolled in your Brand Registry program.
If you have brand registered and none brand registered ASINs in your Amazon account, the "Contact Buyer" option will not be available for none Brand Registry enrolled ASINs.